Monday, January 4, 2010

that sound you make...



Needless to say, this year has begun under strange circumstances. Maybe not strange, per se, but everything at least stands askew. For many I know, it's a time of starting over, and if not completely from scratch then embarking on new avenues that promise them some form of consistent comfort or, at the very least, familiarity.

It's no different for me. I'm starting over from exactly where I left off about part way through last year. Everything is pretty much where I left it, except now I have a shaky, vulnerable disposition. I feel detached, and probably will feel it even more so once I go back to work tomorrow and fall back into my trusted routines. I fear losing my perception of passion yet again and falling prey to the doldrums of creature comforts.

I guess I should, if nothing else, be thankful that my chosen inhibitions are very, very comfortable.





It's funny about Built To Spill. I don't listen to them very often at all and can't claim to be very familiar with their body of work, even though I have plenty of it on my iPod. However, whenever I find myself in one of those moods during one of those times, they are absolutely the perfect band. the best choice over all others. So right now, I fucking love them.

No comments: