Monday, May 3, 2010

WNB 5/3/2010


Jason Matthew Vivona

I left my computer's power cord in San Francisco, so until John is kind enough to send it to me I am using my parent's computer, which apparently doesn't want to load any Vimeo videos. It's probably better that way. Limiting my media resources means I'll be quicker about getting off of here and, you know, doing more productive things like laundry or watching all of my Netflix movies so I can send them back. Anyway...












I always told myself that I would finish reading the book before I watched the movie. That was about three years ago. So I picked up a copy of the Criterion edition this weekend while in San Francisco, and now I'm telling myself "to hell with it". No point in having this turn into a Purple Rain scenario, where I never end up watching because of how much I've built it up for myself. Of course they are kind of different circumstances. With Purple Rain, I have invested emotionally into the soundtrack, and don't want that relationship tainted should the movie be something entirely different from what I imagined it. So really the comparison doesn't work. Nevermind.











I don't really need to be sold on the place that I plan on calling home within the next four months. I was sold when I visited there over four years ago, and I wasn't hardly there for more than a couple hours. It is, however, very reassuring that I keep finding more and more facets of the city's character that have me excited and my feet ever more increasingly antsy.





No comments: